- The office organized, with the Jordanian Astronomical Society (JAS), the Arab Union for Astronomy and Space Science (AUASS) and some other Jordanian & Arab institutions, several public lectures, seminars, and courses via Zoom
- The office participated in several events in this period – virtual lecture on James Webb Space Telescope, Africa Astronomy forum organized by OAD, and also celebrated World Space Week with ESSTI and Ethiopians Space Science society.
- EA-ROAD along with ESSTI organized ‘NASA space app challenge of 2021’ in Addis Ababa in October 2021.
- EA-ROAD supports the participation of Ethiopia in the ‘Hyperspace Opportunity for Pioneering Education (HOPE)’ youth space education exchange program organized by Chinese and African governments.
- In October 2021., on the Science Opening Day of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), the Shanghai Astronomical Observatory and CAS organized a series of activities, such as public lecture, real-time broadcast of the lab and on-site experiments to more than 300 people.
- The office is helping to prepare the International workshop “Educational Psychology and Astronomy for Mental health” Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar 19-21, May 2022
- The H2020 project SKIES is in progress -the first implementation is planned in Germany, and for the remaining countries between March-May. Several activities have been organised in each country to reach out to the PhD students and perform a more in-depth needs analysis and promote the project.
- The office will host a special session during the European Astronomical Society annual conference in June 2022
- Proposals has been submitted to the EU COST Action and Erasmus+ Coordination partnership on building capacity among astronomers in Europe and globally to work towards the SDGs, and gather and share OAD best-practice.
- The office has seated an Advisory Council, representing various regions across North America, to help guide/inform future efforts
More astronomy booklets were translated to Laotian language including star maps. And more translation of astronomy booklets to Cambodian and Burmese is underway.
The first volume of “Astronomical Terms of Thai Sign Language” book has been published in conjunction with the National Association of the Deaf in Thailand (NADT) & the network of schools for hearing-impaired throughout the country. This is an outcome of the “NARIT-IAU100 Inspiring Stars Workshop 2019”
- Areg Mickaelian from the ROAD visited Artsakh for signing a collaboration agreement with Artsakh Scientific Centre.
- A conference for young astronomers organized by BAO, Armenian-Russian University and Saint Petersburg Technological University (Russia)
- Former BAO associate, Armenian OAE-NEC Armine Patatanyan joined OAD team as a Fellow
- The Pan African School of Emerging Astronomers (PASEA) which was planned for November 2021 has been pushed to October 2022 due to COVID-19.
- The SAROAD attended the GOLab conference in November 2021.
- The awardees of the first PAPSSN Mobility Program were announced.
- The office collaborates with the North American ROAD on the SEA Survey project which provides students the opportunity to conduct remote observing with the 0.5-meter Stone Edge Observatory telescope.
- WAROAD participated in the Astronomy Society of Nigeria (ASN) conference held in November, 2021