Impact Dome is a mobile planetarium for the Visually Impaired (VI). It is a miniatured sphere in geodesic style consisting of a number of triangular and hexagonal segments joined together. It is printed with tactile constellation for each side – for the northern sky and for the southern sky. Triangles can be placed in any segment of the dome to represent changes of constellation location due to time and latitude.
1. To develop resources for visually impaired persons in our countries to learn about the Universe.
2. To collaborate and exchange universe themed project between Malaysia & Indonesia.
3. To collaborate in writing a book by six students from both countries about sky from a visually impaired perspective.
Develop mobile geodesic dome with tactile images:
1. Plug and play mobile dome in geodesic style;
2. triangle and hexagon printed with tactile constellation on both sides;
3. Triangle can be place in any segment;
4. Every piece can be dissembled and be used as a teaching tools for more people to learn.
Workshop and collaboration:
1. Produce a module to be used in teaching using the geodesics dome;
2. Teach selected six students about stars and constellation;
3. Interaction among students from both countries for sharing and collaboration;
4. Malaysian and Indonesian students collaborate in writing a book of their perspective about sky and cultural relationship between two countries.
1. Mobile geodesic planetarium for Visually Impaired;
2. Published Book.