The project was coordinated by the Astronomy Association of Colombia – ASASAC, with the support and commitment of Colsubsidio, CILABS, the National University of Colombia and the International Astronomical Union.
It’s worth highlighting the impact generated to children, youth and adults, that for the first time have access to this type of programs and observe through a telescope or enter a mobile planetarium, as well as the gratitude and insistence of the attendees to get reached by these kind of proposals more often.
We have developed in the impacted municipalities new channels of dissemination and appropriation of science, integrating the community, generating a space for participation and supporting alternatives to educational programs, covering the need to motivate more people in science, establishing an early influence on young people in a striking way. The response of the people served has been excellent, children who enter the functions of the mobile planetarium more than 3 times and are still anxious to observe through a telescope and continue learning about Astronomy.
We want to highlight some of the achievements that have been made visible throughout this process:
1. Commitment of Colsubsidio and the National University of Colombia in support of the Festivalitos de Astronomía.
2. Impact on more than 6.000 children and young people in the municipalities visited.
3. Presence of communities and institutions in rural areas.
4. Children and young people acquired knowledge of something new, thanks to this type of initiatives.
5. Access of the population to astronomical dissemination tools such as telescopes and mobile Planetarium.
6. To surpass the goal in the inscriptions to the clubs of Astronomy.
7. Logistics of each Festivalito thanks to the work of Colsubsidio and the support of the promoters, assistants and coordinators of the CILABS.
8. Persistent work of the teams of the National University, Colsubsidio and ASASAC.
9. Support of the municipalities in this kind of activities.