With the help of OAD-IAU, we are targeting at becoming the main hub to coordinate amateur astronomy activities as well as to circulate information on astronomical events, and science development in the country.
Translation of the book Galileo’s “Starry Messenger”:
We finished the first draft of the translation and publish it in one of the website of amateur community
Buiding the small radio telescope for Quang Nam highschool:
Take advantage of my trip to Vietnam , I (Nguyen Luong Quang) and two other engineers helped Quang Nam highschool to buid a radio telescope from TV antenna, TV receiver.
From June 2015 to now, we organized some events, as described below:
1. An overview of the astronomical exchange program in Minh Duc secondary school, Ho Chi Minh City.
2. On Summer Solstice and Winter Solstice, repeating Eratosthenes’ Calculation of Earth’s circumference in Phu Nhuan High School and Tran Khai Nguyen High School, Ho Chi Minh City.
3. Astronomy Trip in Binh Chau- Phuoc Buu Natural Reserve in Vung Tau province and the open Stargazing to public in Can Don lake, Binh Phuoc province. This trip included sky and solar observation, optical devices introduction, astrophotography section and the basic night sky watching for
4. Some basic lectures and games about astronomy in Cu Chi district (Ho Chi Minh City), training courses for high/secondary school students about telescopes in Ngoi Sao High School, HCMC.
5. Close collaboration with Toa Tau to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Holiday for children.
6. On October, the club acted as Organizer to the Ho Chi Minh City Open contest, named “Water Rocket contest”. This event attracted more than 100 teams from over 40 high schools throughout the city to participate.
7. The club joined the Scientific Festival about Creativeness for Youths, held by HCMC Youth Union, Center of Science and Technology Development for Youth.
8. The club participated the scientific exchanges about Model- Educational playing-field to student in HCMC
9. The club representatives participated the 2nd Nationwide Astronomy Exchange, held by Hue Astronomy Club, Quang Nam Astronomy Club and Danang Astronomy Society in Quang Nam Province. This exchange was the best way for all amateur astronomers/sky enthusiasts to connect, to share
and to build a united astronomy community in Vietnam.