The project is aimed at organizing the regional workshop “The 3rd South West and Central Asian Regional Workshop” on 16-20 September, 2019, at Byurakan Astrophysical Observatory as well as publishing scientific and popular materials. The subject of the workshop will be the teaching of Astronomy and Astrophysics. The project will help to improve astronomy teaching skills in the region, focused on hands-on activities and effective communication skills. The educators and teachers from the South West and Central Asian region are the target group of the project. The Local Organizing Committee of the workshop consists of 15 members – mostly young students and volunteers.
Work plan of the project:
• Creation of an official webpage of the workshop;
• Announcement of the workshop and call for registration;
• Distribution of e-mail announcements;
• Preparation of necessary materials (posters, participants’ kits) and areas;
• Publication of Abstract Book, information booklet, poster contributions, postcards of astronomical heritage sites of the region, CD/DVDs of contributions, etc.;
• Revision of applications and selection of participants;
• Drafting, publication of the agenda, list of participants, etc.;
• Welcoming the participants from the airport, the hotels, then to the venue of the workshop transfers;
• Organization of oral contributions and posters, meals, coffee-breaks, sightseeing tours, and other social events.