Project website: https://astrobvi.org/
– To create and distribute educational kits composed of tactile 3D maps of galaxies accompanied by a manual and multimedia material to educators working with BVI students that want to introduce Astronomy concepts in their classrooms, or to astronomers and/or science outreach coordinators that want to do more inclusive Astronomy considering BVI people in their education and public outreach activities.
– To train selected AstroBVI teahcers on Astronomy and on working with BVI community during an international online workshop.
– As AstroBVI we have developed different activities, from participation in stands and talks presentations, to carrying out workshops, training activities, and AstroBVI activities in schools.
– The AstroBVI teachers are running their own activities in their countries with their local communities.
– We have created and distributed 100 kits to a group of AstroBVI teachers selected following a global call in our social media.
– We have created a community of AstroBVI teachers in Facebook to share, collaborate, and ask questions.
– We have developed two international online workshops to train teachers: one on Astronomy in collaboration with the Galileo Teachers Training Program and another in Astronomy & Inclusion and on the AstroBVI kit.
– We have started strong collaborations to work on Astronomy and Inclusion in Science Communication and Education.
– Public multimedia material to replicate the AstroBVI kit (3D printing tactile models, galaxy images, galaxy guide – in Spanish and Portuguese).
– Audio guide for each tactile galaxy model (Spanish and Portuguese).
– video manual of the AstroBVI kit (Spanish with English subtitles).
– Two adapted education activities: Solar System and Galaxies (Spanish).
– Auto-evaluation form for AstroBVI teachers (online and pdf versions- Spanish and Portuguese).
– Evaluation for participants in AstroBVI activities (Spanish).
– Contact list of AstroBVI teachers.