FAWSA will provide a platform for astrophysics knowledge sharing, triggering collaborations between fellow Arab astrophysicists, and building a strong professional Arab community in the field.
The scope of the winter school covers the following fields:
• Solar System and Exoplanets
• Solar Physics
• Galactic Astronomy: Stars, Stellar Clusters, Nebulae, SNR and ISM
• Extragalactic Astronomy: Galaxy Formation and Evolution, and Cosmology
• Observational Astronomy: HRA, Adaptive Optics, Site Testing.
• Technical Tools: Python, IDL, iraf, and Virtual Observatory
We were able to invite and secure participation from leading international institutions to provide lectures about various topics of astrophysics to many outstanding students selected from 10 Arab countries. A total of 45 students have been selected to participate in the school, from Africa, Asia and Europe.